Moby Knit

It's a handmade adventure!


4 Comments

Vegamot Beanie

All these small finished objects are making me look awfully productive!  Here’s a Vegamot Beanie that I made for my cousin:

Edited 002

Edited 003

Edited 004

I used Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash in “1021” and size 4 and 6 needles.  I went up a couple of needle sizes to account for my tight gauge, of course.  It was a pretty straight forward pattern, and after doing all that cabling on the Lettuce Beanie, this was a nice break.

Raveled here.

Advertisements


2 Comments

Kirsi’s Chevron Bonnet

Late last night I finished up an adorable bonnet for Kirsi.

Edited 024

It’s so cute I can’t take it!  I used some stash yarn (yay!) to make it – Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted in “Dogwood Heather” and “Grey Heather.”  It didn’t take much, though.  I didn’t even use up half a skein of the gray.

Edited 014The pattern was incredibly well written, and this is definitely a one-day project, for those of you who are interested.  There were a lot of ends to weave in when it was finished, but it was totally worth it!

Edited 033I did modify the pattern slightly.  I single crocheted around the brim instead of slip stitching, and I used a larger hook for the single crochet brim and ties.

A complete list of details can be found on my Rav page!

 


6 Comments

More Baby Shoes!

I took some pictures of the baby shoes I finished last week, so here they are!

Little Princess Loafers

Little Princess Loafers

For these loafers I used this pattern, a G hook, and Cascade 220 scraps. I crocheted the 6-12 month size, and the soles measure about 4.25 inches. Kirsi’s feet are too small for them right now, so I don’t know how they’ll fit, but I’m afraid they won’t stay on very well due to the “floppiness” of the wool.

Wooly Baby Huggs

Wooly Baby Huggs

For my second set of boots, I used this pattern (again), a G hook, and Cascade 220 scraps. I put some of the owl buttons I bought way back to use and attached them to the ankles of the boots.  So cute!  The soles on these measure about 4.25 inches as well (6-12 month size), and they are a lot floppier than the cotton ones I made.

While I’d love to make more baby shoes, I am banned from doing so until the Ravellenics are over and the thrummed mittens I started are finished.  It’s almost here, guys, it’s almost here!


4 Comments

Gray and Pink Baby Huggs – Complete!

I couldn’t help myself.  After seeing this pattern, I had to put down my Milk Run Shawl and make a pair for Kirsi.  The pattern is so clever, and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.  I’m not the best crocheter, and I managed to make a nice looking pair!

Edited 054

Edited 058

These boots are totally wearable as is, but I found the leg to be too wide and the toe to be too short.  To help the boots stay put, I added ties to cinch up the ankles a bit.  Also, I used an F hook, which is one size bigger than what the pattern calls for, and my boots turned out an inch shorter than they should have.  The soles on these measure 4 inches, which is perfect for Kirsi’s feet at the moment.  They probably won’t last long, though.

As for the yarn, I used Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted in “Basalt Heather” and “Dogwood Heather.”  It was left over from a striped sweater I made Eva a while back.  It fits Kirsi, now, so she can wear the boots and sweater together as a set!

I’ve already started another pair. 🙂 I hope to conquer this intense craving for baby shoes before the Ravellenics begin!

Raveled here.


2 Comments

Eva’s Ruffled Top – Complete!

I am finally done ruffling.  🙂  I love the finished top.  It is soooo cute!

ImageImageImage

It fits Eva pretty well right now.  It’s just a tad big.  As long as she doesn’t have a huge growth spurt, it should fit for the fall/winter, which is when it’ll be most useful.  I thought it would work for summer, but it’s kind of heavy.

After a wet blocking, my gauge measured at 17 sts x 18 rows = 2 inches in st st in the round.  The top itself measured 15.25 inches from the neckline to the hem, and 19 inches around the chest.

Image

The Back

Image

The Front

Image

Shiny Black Buttons

Image

RUFFLES!

I followed the pattern exactly except for knitting four ruffles per sleeve instead of five.  I used way less yarn than called for in the pattern.  I managed to knit the whole thing with less than 3 skeins of Knit Picks Comfy Sport in “Peony.”  The pattern called for 4 balls.  Of course I knit two less ruffles, but I think I could have finished them with the leftovers from the 3rd ball of yarn.  Your mileage may vary, though.

Extra details can be found on my Rav page.


2 Comments

Eva’s Ruffled Top – Fifth Progress Report

I managed to finish the sleeves and add a few ruffles today.

image

Eva's Ruffled Top sans ruffles.

I love the look of the slightly puffed sleeves.  I’ll have to remember that design feature the next time I knit another baby/toddler top.  I actually like the look of the top sans ruffles and wouldn’t mind knitting another one with the purl ridges extended all the way around the yoke.  Maybe that’s what I’ll do for Kirsi’s top since I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to knit the ruffles with the amount of yarn I have.

The ruffles were a whole lot less complicated than I thought they would be.  (I had no reason to think they would be, I just make mountains out of mole hills.)  It’s going to take forever to finish them, but they’re easy to make.

image

Picking up stitches to make the ruffles.

Since I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, I’ve been thinking about my next project.  (Well, my second to next project.  I have to finish up that pair of socks first.)  I’m going to be in a wedding next month, and I’d like to knit myself a shrug to hide as much of myself as possible.  It’s a lace pattern, which will be difficult to pull off successfully with all of the distractions in my house, but I think I can totally do it.