Earlier this year, my sister-in-law sent me a picture of a store-bought hat that she liked but wanted to tweak. She asked if I could make it for her for Christmas, and I said yes, of course. I put off knitting the hat as long as I could, and I finally cast on on December 9th. I like to cut things close, it seems.
This project required a TON of knitting. Like, way more than I anticipated. The stitches are teeny tiny. I grumbled through the whole process, but the results are amazing and well worth the effort.
I’m not a fan of flag inspired clothing, but this hat is pretty cool. I used Cascade 220 Fingering and 2.5mm and 3.25mm needles. The beanie features a turned hem which covers all of my hideous floats from the colorwork stars. I love turned hems. I’m going to find a way to use that technique more often. Instead of coming up with my own chart for the stars, I just swiped this one. I’m really, really lazy.