I finally finished Eva’s Christmas Dress. The knitting has been done for a while, but Ronan’s birth and a knee injury forced me to put off the blocking/buttoning/photographing process. I managed to sneak outside for a few minutes today to take some pictures, so I’m feeling pretty darn accomplished. 🙂
I made a number of modifications, all of which are listed on my Ravelry project page. I did find an error in the pattern, which I addressed in my project notes.
For this lovely dress I used Malabrigo Sock in “Ivy” and size 6 and 4 needles. As usual, my gauge was way off, but I think the dress will fit Eva without issue. I haven’t made her try it on, yet, so I can’t say for sure.
I used three “diamond” buttons on the front, which I think makes the dress appropriate for both Christmas and everyday wear. Eva wanted me to put ladybug buttons on it, but we compromised, and I’ll be adorning her winter hat with ladybug buttons shortly. 🙂