Moby Knit

It's a handmade adventure!


Leave a comment

Catching Up

I’ve been pretty busy lately with family activites and my “job.”  I know I haven’t been posting often, but it’s not due to lack of material!  I took on some cleaning gigs for a couple of family members to earn some extra cash.  Gotta support my habits!

Today I snapped a couple shots of my gardening triumphs.  Up first, one of my black oil sunflowers:

image

Black Oil Sunflower

And, as an experiment, I decided to leave some jalapeno peppers on the plant until they fully ripened and turned red:

image

Jalapeno Peppers

Eva’s been well.  Here she is digging through her basket of toys:

image

I can’t believe she’s already 9 months old!  Last weekend Kai and I took her to my cousin’s house to get her picture taken.  The shots turned out AWESOME.  Get ready for some Eva overload, because I’ll be sharing them in my next post.  🙂


Leave a comment

Houndstooth Baby Blanket – First Progress Report

As I previously mentioned, I’m taking a little break from my mom’s owl sweater.  I knit a few Etsy items (haven’t photographed them yet), then I decided to start a baby project.

Image

It’s a houndstooth baby blanket!  I love this pattern.  It’s so pretty, and it’s deceptively simple.  I’m using Knit Picks CotLin in “Harbor” and “Whisker.”  My intention is to save this project for a (hopefully) future baby of mine, but knowing me, I probably won’t finish it until I have grandchildren.  🙂


2 Comments

Rattlesnake Pasta

I’ve got another recipe for you!  This time it’s for rattlesnake pasta.  🙂

image

Rattlesnake Pasta

I know there are quite a few versions of this recipe floating around on the internet, and pretty much all of them involve more steps than mine.  Mine includes some shortcuts, which may or may not appeal to you.  (They appeal to me since I’m not fond of spending hours in the kitchen!)

Ingredients:

-1/2 pound boneless chicken (You choose which cut.  I used chicken tenders.)
-5 jalapeno peppers*
-1 pound of pasta (I used penne.)
-1 to 2 jars of Ragu alfredo sauce. (Depends how saucy you like it!)
-Flour
-Salt
-Pepper
-2 eggs, scrambled for dipping
-1 8oz block of cheddar cheese
-1 8oz block of montery jack cheese

Method:

Set a pot of water on the stove to boil.  Mix together flour with salt and pepper.  (I used about a cup of flour, a half tablespoon of salt, and a teaspoon of pepper.  You may prefer different amounts of seasoning.)  Dip the chicken in the eggs, then the flour mixture.  Bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven until done, or use your stovetop to cook the chicken in a frying pan.  (I used my stovetop and cooked my chicken in butter.  Yum!)  Set chicken aside and cook the pasta according to the package directions.  While the pasta is cooking, chop the chicken into cubes and the jalapeno peppers into thin slices.  Shred the cheeses.  Once the pasta is done, drain, then mix together the pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken, and jalapeno peppers.  Pour half the pasta into a casserole dish, then add half the cheese.  Add the rest of the pasta and top with the rest of the cheese.  Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly.  Serves 4 very hungry people.

*If you prefer, you can use pickled jalapeno peppers (the ones that come in a jar) and add some of the juice to the alfredo sauce for extra kick!

Happy munching!


Leave a comment

Does Size Matter?

I know it’s been a while since I posted, but I swear I have a really good excuse!  For those of you not located on the East Coast, we had a very nasty storm called a “derecho” that knocked out power for a few million lucky people.  I had no power for 4 days, but I know of more people still without power after over a week!  Of course this loss of power coincided with an incredibly nasty heat wave, but I’m not even going to get into that since it’ll just make me bitter.  :/

We’ve been spending lots of time cleaning up the mess the storm left behind.  Our yard was covered with tree limbs, my garden was torn to shreds, our belongings were scattered everywhere, and all of our food had to be thrown out and replaced.  All in all it’s been a pretty expensive week.

Well, enough about that.  I have a couple African violet pictures to share on this sweltering Friday afternoon.

image

image

Check out the size difference of those blooms!  The white ones edged in pink are from a plant that originally had larger, dark pink flowers.  That particular violet likes to sport.  🙂

Overall my violets look great considering the conditions they’ve had to endure.  With extreme heat and no water (we have well water, so we lost running water when the power went out), all have managed to survive.  I can’t say the same for my hanging baskets outside.  😦

Anyway, I’m happy to be back up and running!  …and sitting in air conditioning.  🙂