This is how far I’ve gotten on the body:
Pathetic, I know, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. I spent over an hour doing the first 6 rounds. They weren’t hard because of the skills involved, they were hard because of the super duper quick increasing. All of the rounds were kfb increase rounds with no plain knit rounds in between to loosen things up. It was literally a beast and a half to get through the increasing. I’m surprised my bamboo dpns made it. In fact, I’m surprised I made it.
Right now I just have to knit 2.5 inches worth of plain knit rounds, so that should be easy peasy. I’m dreading the head, though. I looked forward in the pattern and saw that it involves the same sort of increasing.
I have an incentive to finish this elephant in a timely fashion…my big box of yarn is waiting for me at the post office. I can’t wait to get back to sweater knitting. 🙂