Last night I finished Eva’s Lacy Spring Cardigan:
I used size 4 needles and less than one skein of Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in “Queen Anne.” I did make some modifications which are listed below:
- Knit 6 rows of garter stitch (bound off on the 7th) at the bottom of the body.
- Knit four rounds of stockinette after picking up sleeve stitches so that lace pattern progressed properly.
- Started the lace chart (rows 1-10) at the third box for the sleeve for the right arm (skipped the first two stitches in the chart) when working in the round so that the lace motifs lined up correctly.
- Used lace chart (rows 11-20) starting with the fourth box for the sleeve for the left arm.
- Used Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off when binding off the sleeves. They definitely needed stretchy edges.
I absolutely love how this turned out. I wouldn’t mind knitting another one – it was that much fun. The only thing I wished I had done differently was omit the decreases at the bottom of the sleeves.
I have a bunch of tonal sock yarn in my stash waiting to be made into cute baby sweaters, so you’ll probably be seeing more fingering weight baby projects from me very soon!