I finished Maija’s hat today. Well, technically I finished it last night, but I hadn’t dealt with the ends or blocking. It’s very slouchy, but I’m worried about the rim. I think it’s a little too big. However, Maija’s got much thicker hair than I do, so it might fit her perfectly. I started with 80 stitches on a size 8 circular using Cascade 220 in “Magenta.”
Due to the size of the rim on Maija’s hat, I have now become concerned about the beanie I’ve started for Mr. Green, which is being knit with the same yarn (albeit in a different color) and the same needles. The pattern I’m using said to cast on 100 stitches, which I downgraded to 90. I really don’t want to end up with a slouchy beanie. I think I might skip the blocking step to avoid widening the rim.
Now that my post has come to an end, I should probably post some pictures of my latest accomplishment.